Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Invalid column name 'DeletionStateCode' CRM 2011 upgrade

I was getting the error "Invalid column name 'DeletionStateCode'" when I was trying to upgrade from 4.0 to 2011. After a lot of trials and errors I got to know that there were many stored procedures and triggers in the database which were referencing to this column. 


Since the 'DeletionStateCode' has been dropped in 2011, maybe it was erroring out while trying to upgrade them.


Solution: I deleted all the triggers and stored procs from the database as it was just a test environment and I was able to install 2011 sucessfully.

3 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what commands you used to remove the triggers and procs? I keep getting this error no matter what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me what commands you used to remove the triggers and procs? I keep getting this error no matter what I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mike: Check out this article: http://sriharirad.blogspot.sg/2011/03/bulk-deletedrop-stored-procedures-from.html

      Please remember to replace the 'usp_%' in the query with your custom stored procedure prefix.

      --Srihari

      Delete