Friday, March 4, 2011

Failure: contact_activity_parties: Cascade link type ‘NoCascade’ is invalid for Delete


I was trying to import a contact entity into one of my CRM instances today and I was getting the strange error “Failure: contact_activity_parties: Cascade link type ‘NoCascade’ is invalid for Delete”.
Luckily I managed to find this thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crmdeployment/thread/c2292223-6d76-4c77-919a-99effa077bc7 where one of the users was having the same problem. I tried out one of the suggestions posted by the user.
Apparently this is caused because of some issues with the relationship structure in the customization file. So, I opened the customiation.xml file and I searched for “contact_activity_parties”.
Sure enough, there was a relationship defined

 
OneToMany 
ActivityParty 
Contact 
partyid 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I commented the above section in my xml file and tried to import again. This time the import was successful.
 –Srihari.

1 comment: