Friday, April 1, 2011

Making Notes non-editable after X hours

Recently, there was a requirement from my client that they wanted to ensure that the notes for all the entities be made non-editable after 8 hours from the time the note was created for a specific set of users with say "Salesperson" role.
After some thinking, I came up with the below idea.

1. I gave the "Salesperson" role only User level Write access on the Note entity.
2. Then I created the below workflow on the Note entity :


3. For demo purposes, I wait for only 1 minute after a note is created but you make it wait for as long as you need.
4. As you can see above, I check if the created by is someone other than Administrator. I then wait for a minute and then update the owner of the Note to Administrator.
5. Since a Salesperson has only User level Write access, when he tries to edit this note, he will get an error saying that he does not have sufficient privileges.

Cheers,
Srihari

No comments:

Post a Comment